Thursday, November 6, 2014

The McCandless Project
The experiment I conducted was going to Kroger and Chipotle and dressing up, wearing a hodgepodge of different clothing items and seeing the reactions of people.  When we walked by, people would look at us weirdly, as if we were from a different planet.  Some would stare at us, but others wouldn’t notice at all.  During this experiment, I felt uncomfortable and out of place.  But, I also was having fun because I knew I had a reason to look like this out in public.  I wasn’t surprised by the reactions we got because I knew I would’ve done the same if I were them.  I was somewhat surprised by how I reacted, I thought I was going to be more relaxed.  I wouldn’t conform if I enjoyed what I was doing or if I felt comfortable looking like that.  However, I did feel uncomfortable, so I wouldn’t want to go out in public like that.  I wish I was carefree and didn’t care what people thought of me as long as I liked the way I was.  I think that people should look how they want to look and do what they want to do as long as it has boundaries and doesn’t break rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment